- Tourism collapse
- Transportation minimization
- Less social interactions
- Less global trade
- Higher unemployment
- Reduction of stores
- Reduction of productions
- More independence between countries
- Competition for face masks
- Unilateral border closures
- Hedge funds in London earned billions in profits from the corona-induced stock market crash
- No united European action
- No protection of resources
- Social inequality
- Comprehensive globalization
- Right-wing movement
- Climate collapse
- Critics of capitalism
- Cybercrime and surveillance capitalism
- Futurists who warned of epidemics [i.e. Attali in 1998]
- Eradication of exotic animal species
- Embedded liberalism [Reckwitz]?
- Same as before?
- More protective EU?
- Minimization of the meeting circus?
- Growth of internet companies in new areas?
- Production relocations?
- Focus on sustainability?
- A close partnership between Europe and China to protect the environment?
In his Easter speech, German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier put it like this: “Perhaps we believed for too long that we were invincible, that we could continue to go faster, higher, farther. That was a mistake.”